Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Off the wagon....but still trying...

I am so far off the wagon...that I can't even see it in the distance. Yes I am back...and Yes I am going to try this again. I am going to do my best to catch up to the wagon and Jump back on with both feet.

I have been super busy the past few months, and even though things don't seem to be calming down I have to do something about my health. I am now on blood pressure medicine, and I don't really like it. I know that it is what I need to do for me. But it still makes me angry. I think it has helped. I was feeling dizzy and light headed sometimes, but since taking the medicine that has gone away. I am going to a blood pressure check tomorrow so I am hoping for good news.

The bad news is the past few weeks I have gained about 5 pounds. We were on vacation and it is really hard to eat right and exercise while on vacation. Not that it is over I am back to working out. And eating better.

I have a new tool to help me. I splurged and bought the GoWearfit armband. It will help monitor my activity and calories burned. With the help of the website I will also be logging my food again. That is scary for me. I am going to try not to cheat, which I have done in the past. I will make a pledge to log everything I eat...no cheating.

I thought I was serious about this before. But I guess I wasn't as serious as I thought. I really want to do this now because I don't want to be a slave to medicine for the rest of my life. There is so much I want to do and I know that my weight and self esteem is holding me back. I can't let that happened anymore. I owe it to my Husband, but most importantly I owe it to myself to be the best I can be.

Wish me Luck!

EMP

No comments:

Post a Comment